Saturday, April 4, 2009

Evangelizing the Streets of New York


Today myself and 4 other people hit the streets of NYC. We went to Columbus Circle and Central Park for the second time. Before we went we prayed for divine appointments and that is exactly what God gave us!! In the 3 hours we were there we talked with 6 different people. I know that 6 people doesn't sound like a lot but what happened there was significant.

I want to tell you about 2 different people that I met today. The first man I met gives tours of Central Park. He is a Godly man that loves Jesus with his whole heart. We were able to pray with him for increase in business but more than that we made a connection. This man is someone that ministers to broken people everyday in the park. We sat in his carriage and he told us tons of stories about people that he has ministered to and the people whose lives will be forever changed. He was so encouraged to meet people that would be praying for him and by the God connection that was established between us.


The second guy that I met has some pretty jacked up views about God, Jesus, and the Bible. However, I was able to discuss his beliefs and my beliefs with him for about 45 minutes. He said that he learned a lot from our conversation and told me that it was okay to pray for him through out the week. He hugged me goodbye and we agreed that I would go back to his place of work on Friday to talk with him some more.

God used us to plant some incredible seeds today!!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Dallas!

    It's so encouraging to read what's happening for you in the NYC. We miss you like crazy around Oasis - it's not the same without you! We love you dearly and are praying crazy favor on every step you take!

    mjd

    ReplyDelete